Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

I've been doing some internal soul searching this past week. Yes, some of it has to do with the crappy weather, and some of it has to do with my non existent love life. Point being, I have been questioning what kind of a person I had become, and what kind of person I want to be. I question my parenting on a regular basis, and hope to the high heavens I'm doing alright. I've been wondering what I can do better, and what I have been successful at.
I really needed to have a day like today. At times, I felt like I had accidentally gotten on a roller coaster of dreadful emotions...but today, the coaster was exciting, not terrifying.
This afternoon, little-man and I spent some quality time together outside. We walked, watched the birds together, jumped in some small puddles, and jumped over some large puddles. It.was.awesome. I am so excited the weather is on the upward swing. I am elated that I will not feel trapped inside anymore. Being able to take him out today made me feel like I'm doing alright....he's living a good life; he's safe, happy, fed and loved. What more could a little-man need? I am not a daddy, but I applaud myself at not being afraid to get down and dirty with little-man. Maybe taking time to watch the birds is girlie, but jumping in puddles...now that's something a guy would do, right? Laying on the floor and letting him wrestle and jump on top of me...that's something a guy would do...right?
This is a super lame excuse...but I'll post more pictures once I take the time to recharge my camera batteries...Hope everyone is getting out and enjoying the weather!

1 comment:

  1. The unexamined life is not worth living. Good for you, for looking at who you are, and who you want to be. I think everyone should do that from time to time...strive to be better tomorrow than you were today.
    and puddle jumping ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete