Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Semi-Optimistic Meh

I am still on an optimistic path, albeit a semi-fake one....but at least I'm trying, right?
This weekend was mostly spent alone. I am tempted to write out the monotonous details but instead I am just going make this short and semi-sweet*.
Today (Sunday) I caught an excellent Twins game on television, and after the twinkies victorious pummel over Detroit, I took little man to the park for a while...The park was a huge eye opener for me. I have been taking him to this park since his days of barely being able to walk. This year, he is so courageous. He climbs, slides and holds his own with the other kids. I was so proud of him this afternoon. Even though he seems fairly confident exploring, I couldn't bring myself to leave his side...after all, he's still only two, and the other kids could have easily (accidentally) knocked him off of the equipment....So I guess I get the Overprotective Mother Of The Day Award! :)
Back to my fake optimism. I am finding myself being irritated with my life situation. I think I am subconsciously taking it out on the people around me...mainly my family and close friends. I am not proud of myself or my actions...and all I have felt like doing is packing up the bare necessities of my life and moving to a new city in a new state. (don't worry, I am not going to do this...I am just confessing about a nagging urge). Running away rarely ever solves problems, this I understand. Unfortunately I am finding myself at a dead end..and I have run out of options or ideas as to how I can resolve my current "issues." Maybe the only resolution is to come to terms with the fact that there is no resolution to my issues, but I just don't feel like conceding yet...I'm still holding onto hope.
In other, more exciting news...I'm gearing up for a telephone first date with a lawyer...(you know who you are, and I'm going to give you a big "I TOLD YOU SO" that I was going to tell all of my friends about you..hehe) ;)
Friends...did I mention that he's a LAWYER? :D
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend...and I hope the nice weather is here to stay for a few months!!

*If this was short and sweet...just imagine what the lengthy post I originally wrote was like..you guessed it! Loooong and boring!!! You're Welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment