Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Gracias

Yesterday, as I was walking to my car, I started to think about what I should write about...then my internal lightbulb went off. Often times, we only write about how much we appreciate things in life after something horrible happens (e.g. a death in the family, a world event like the tsunami, 911 or the 35W bridge collapse). Today, I have decided to write down my thoughts of appreciation for the people in my life.
I am not a super religious person, but I feel extremely blessed to have my friends so close, and my family even closer. They are my rock, and I need to do a better job of letting them know how good the are to me, and for me.
I would not trade my friends for anything. They are a solid, stand-up, morally sound group of people who all have their heads on straight. They are responsible, respectable, and great role models. I can truly say, from the bottom of my heart, I look up to each and every one of them with the highest respects.
My family has been so supportive of me over the years. When I was little, my parents would always cart me around to different sports practices without even flinching. Since I became a parent myself, I have grown to realize all of the sacrifices my parents made for me and my brother. They are the best parents a girl could ask for. Yes, we but-heads sometimes, but those conflicts are what keep me grounded. I am also greatful for their presence in little-man's life. He may not have an active father in his life, but my parents make up for that void and then some.
I am sitting at my desk trying to find all of the right words in order do justice to the importance these people have played in who I am today. I have given it my best shot, but words cannot encompass the gratitude I have for you..I find myself getting a bit emotional. I am so lucky and extremely blessed...Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment