Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random Gabbing

Mission Get My Laundry Done has failed already. I was on little sleep, had a super busy day at work, and was verbally abused by little-man right up until he was in his bed. On a normal day, I would park myself on the couch and have some quiet tv time so my brain could unwind. I was not as forgiving with myself last night. Instead of turning the television on, I decided to continue my quest for successful dating by browsing through some more online ads (sorry, but that's how I roll these days). After deciding I had had enough, I cracked open a new book, and was soundly sleeping by the wee hours of 9:15.
Although my mission has already failed, and I told myself I wasn't going to make excuses, I am very happy with how I ended a rather chaotic day. Hopefully the rest of the week will fall into place as nicely as last night :)

++++++++++

I can't tell you how excited I am for the days becoming longer. I don't know about you, but the last month has been a bit dreary (which makes me wonder if the holidays were invented to keep our minds off of the fact that we had so few hours of daylight...yes, I know this is a stupid thought...forgive me!). Last night, as I was driving to get little-man, I actually was able to see the sunset. This morning, as I sit and type, the sun has almost risen before my 8am work day has begun. Before long, I will see the sun more. Before long, it will be my second favorite season..and before long, it will be hotter than a dog in the good ol' state-o-minnesota. Instead of stopping and smelling the roses, I am going to take some time today to stop and smell the snow (haha, that was a lame line! I love it when I laugh at myself this early!!). Hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment