Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Word of the Day

Fabuloso!
Last night I survived my first professional work holiday party! We ventured to downtown Mpls around 3, and had cocktails and food to start the evening out. We then traveled a block down to a gaming hotspot, where we were all able to shred our professional garb, and enjoy in some crazy-fun video games. I am not a HUGE gamer by any means, and I would rarely (if ever) go downtown just to play around, so it was great that the company was footing the bill!!
I am proud to say I beat my co-workers in a game of car racing! We also enjoyed some skeet-ball, air hockey, Deal or No Deal, and arctic snowmobile races. (the free drinks weren't a bad addition either!)
I am beginning to think I am not as young as I used to be. First off, I couldn't think of a solid drink to stick with last night. I was all across the board with my selections. First a vodka collins, then a vodka tonic, then a blue moon and I wrapped the night up with a sex on the beach (when I write it all down it sounds like a lot..but we were downtown for seven hours, so it's not as much as it seems). I think my indecision is from my lack of a nightlife since little-man (which isn't a bad thing, just something to take note of). As the night wrapped up (for me) I came down with a pretty massive headache. I think I was getting hungover or something, which was very weird to experience the night OF drinking.
I found out that a group of my co-workers were out at a piano bar until midnight. It would have been nice to join them, but my piilow was calling my name...and I rarely ignore my pillow's requests! ;) The entire night was fabuloso!

No comments:

Post a Comment