Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fingerprints can be forever...mwhahaha

In an attempt to pull myself out of a funky mood, I have decided to blog again...for the second time today! (hehehe) Blogging is definitly theraputic to me, especially since I don't keep a written journal at home. Most of the time, I try and put a little bit of thought into what I write. Sometimes, my thoughts are so sporadic, that I start writing without thinking....but usually I think about the topic of the day for an average of five to ten minutes before I let myself go crazy with my words.
About two weeks ago, I was having a helluva time printing out labels for some sets of dividers I was making. It took me over three hours to get these labels to print correctly, and another solid hour to make sure the divider topics were in the right order (yeah, I know it sounds like it should have been easy..but it was extremely daunting!).
Today, I was asked to make new dividers using our company tabs, instead of the original white dividers I had worked so dilligently on. I felt like I had wasted a lot of time, but I have to remind myself that it was an excellent learning experience on many levels.
I collaborated with a coworker to get the appropriate template, typed up the labels, printed them on white paper to make sure they lined up (I learned the last time that this is an important step...especially when your labels are limited), and then proceeded to print the labels out successfully (even making an extra set in case I flubbed up a label or two).
As I was sitting at my desk, happily applying my labels, I started thinking about some crazy things. The main thing that keeps popping back into my head is the fact that we leave our fingerprints just about EVERYWHERE we go. I'm going to risk sounding like a psycho conspiracy theorist, but in this day in age, leaving personalized dna-type info makes me worry, but at the same times gives me a small sense of pride. I keep having weird flashbacks of episodes of CSI I used to watch late at night. Since we aren't on this earth forever, I smile at the fact that my fingerprint will be on this label until the demise of the label itself..and for all I know, that could be tomorrow, or it could be 100 years from now...it's pretty cool stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I worry about leaving my hair everywhere, like in Gattaca, the movie with Uma Thurman and Ethan Hawke.

    ReplyDelete