Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Warrior part Duce

This past weekend I kept myself busy...as usual! Friday night was my usual "trying to keep myself sane while little-man screamed his head off saying "HUNGRY! BOMBA!" I have no idea what BOMBA meant but it was driving me NUTS! When we got home, the guy pounded two jelly sandwiches a cup of yogurt and some graham crackers...he was hungry alright!
Saturday we spontaneously went to the MOA...again...with a friend of mine from college. Traffic in the parking ramp was nauseating..but we managed to find a spot. Taylor Swift was actually set to preform right as we showed up..so we snuck over and heard a few of her songs live. It was a cool unexpected surprise :) There were a TON of people there, and I managed to sneak a peak at the pop-country phenom, but it was way too crowded to really enjoy the music. For the record, she sounded very good live. I would enjoy going to a show of hers if the crowd wasn't filled with screaming teen girls who get all worked up and make my ears ring with their shrilly-screams. Anywho...we braved the MOA for the whole day. Little-man actually fell asleep with his head in the tray of his stroller. It was hilarious! Saturday night I attempted to make some cookies for a cookie exchange with my mom and her friends on Sunday. I cheated this year and didn't actually bake. I melted a rolo on top of a pretzel; then sandwiched a second pretzel on top; then drizzled the "cookie" with melted peanut butter chocolate....extremely easy...and a good sweet-salty balance.
Sunday was spent being lazy for most of the day. The Vikings won..but my pick, AP, sucked...so there goes my playoff chances in Fantasy..oh well, there's always next year :) Sunday night we went to the cookie exchange. Little-man held up well..but I am regretting staying as late as we did because little-man was a PILL this morning! Hopefully I'll be a better mom and get him to bed at a reasonable time tonight! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment