Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Friday, December 28, 2007

What to do...

Most 20-somethings have their friday nights lined up weeks in advanced (the bar or some form of partying is most likely on most people's agenda)...I, on the other hand, have nothing planned for my weekend nights. My nights are not open because I want them to be, they are open because I have responsibilities that are beyond making weekly trips to the bar: aka little-man.
I was talking with a good friend of mine about her weekend plans, and she had a couple of things going on. When I disclosed my lack of plans, she gave me some advice that I actually took. First, she said she wished she had a couple of nights with nothing going on (the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence), but then she suggested having a movie night, and watching the second and third Pirates of the Caribbean. I took this advice to heart, and ended up heading to The Red Bullseye after work and acquiring the second and third movies, to complete my trilogy at home.
I had heard the second movie wasn't so great, mainly because of the length and the ending. Since I had nothing better to do with my time (other than clean, which I was not about to partake in on a friday night) and since I had the third movie waiting for me to watch, I didn't mind if the second film was not the most brilliant. I am not a person who cannot be told about movies before I see them for myself. I had already heard the so-called "spoilers" of the second film, and know a "spoiler" or two from the third. I will say, I enjoyed the first of two Pirates themed nights.
I want to reiterate how happy I am for this suggestion. Tonight turned out to be exactly what the doctor ordered...Some low-key pirate action swash buckling good times. Thanks friend! :)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You're welcome friend! And I hope to take my own advice sometime soon to watch a movie curled up on the couch. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete