Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Peaceful Unknown

An epiphany struck me sideways while I was buried eyeball deep in paperwork. To give you a bit of background information about me, I am obsessed with knowing everything. I have been blatantly told by former coworkers that they think I'm nosey..and I always strongly felt that they just didn't understand me, who I was, or what I was about. I had always thought that by knowing "everything" I would, in turn, be able to help people. I am a total people pleaser, and if you don't have the answers then how are you supposed to help people?!
My epiphany entailed an aura of peace surrounding what I do not know. A good friend of mine recently told me that once you know something, you can't really "un-know" it. I couldn't agree with her more. There are some things in life that are best left not knowing. Private things, embarrassing things, lies, truths, and a slue of others. I take comfort in knowing what I need to, and not knowing everything else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment