Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Own The Mole

First off, let me start out by saying that mole is a completely ugly word...in all aspects of life..mole is just.plain.ugly.
When I was a little girl, I had a million freckles. I was the typical fair skinned girl, with a million "angel kisses" as my mom would kindly tell me. One day, as I was getting ready for bed, and my mom was trying to scrub the dirt off of my face, she noticed I had a freckle that was quite large on my chin. Thank god she realized this too, because MAN was she scrubbing the shizzle out of my chin!! The freckle slowly grew, and after time, became a small mole that stuck out of my chin.
I have always been self conscious of my mole. I even contemplated getting it removed, but was way too freaked out that its removal would leave an even more disgusting scar (because that would TOTALLY be my luck!)....so I pushed my self consciousness to the back burner, and got over it (for the most part).
At one point in my life, I even attempted to "own the mole." I had talked myself into believing that "if cindy crawford had a mole, and didn't get it removed...than I can keep my mole, and look damn hot with it too!!" (YEAH RIGHT HUH?! haha)
I am a complete and total hypocrite. My entire life, I was always a bit repulsed by moles, especially people who had hairy moles. As I have aged, I have noticed that juanita (I just hate the word mole so much, that yes, I have decided to name her juanita) has started popping out little hairs. I try to keep on top of juanita's follicles, but they grow random and fast! I think I will have to keep a tweezers with me at ALL times...especially for those hairs that appear out of NOWHERE! Maybe I'll even contemplate laser removal...yes, that's a great idea right?!

Condensed version of long winded story: Don't let a little bump get ya down...and ALWAYS carry a pair of tweezers! :)

And for those of you who know me in person...if I catch you staring at juanita the next time I see you...I'll have her kick your ace ;) Lots O' Love!

1 comment:

  1. many women have chin hairs. i do. ya pluck the little buggers and forget about it. and if one sneaks up on you, no one will ever notice.

    ReplyDelete