Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Saturday, February 2, 2008

W.O.W

What a fantastic evening! In the words of a dear friend, it was a kick you in the crotch kind of good time. In case you weren't there, or have no idea what last night was, JJ threw a surprise going away party for Captain and S.
I'm pretty sure I was completely inebriated as well. When I go out, I like to get to know my bartender (a weird habit from working in the industry for such a long time). Last night, his name was john. john soon turned into Don Juan after about four cocktails.
Captain was completely surprised. Some guests arrived at the same time she did, and she just chalked it up to an extremely random coincidence. When she walked into the room she immediately burst into tears. They were happy tears and it was awesome! S arrived about fifteen minutes after captain, so we got to yell surprise for a second time...he was equally as shocked, but I don't think tears were involved during his entry.
To be honest, I don't even remember what time I got home last night. The karaoke machine was setup, and people were having such a great time that I completely lost track of time. I also got to meet some new faces, and we initiated the newest member of our S-ball team by making her sing Margaritaville with the team. I took it upon myself to shout out phrases to try and clue in the group as to what the next line was going to be. One of the lines to that song is Blew out my flip-flop, and my vodka filter shouted at the top of my lungs "WHAT DID YA BLOW?" It was pretty embarrassing, but extremely funny at the same time. I love the sball team and can't wait for the season to start!
I am going to try and get a little more sleep before little-man wakes up. Hope everyone had a fantastic friday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment