Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Oh Happy Day

Let me first start out by saying little-man is a day and a half away from being TWO! ARGH! I'm totally afraid of the terrible-(terrific)-two's.... I will keep attempting to hide my fear, because kids are like dogs...if they sense fear, they take advantage of it!
~~~
About shopping...I decided I needed some retail therapy. I packed up little-man, and headed to the local mall to try and take advantage of some presidents day sales. All was fine and dandy. Little-man insisted on walking, which I thought was a cool sign of him growing up....I carried him across the parking lot to prevent his shoes from getting nasty from the slushy puddles, and then made him hold my hand while walking through the mall. I actually started experiencing a proud mom moment (only because my little-man wasn't so little..he was walking through the mall like a big boy). We went to the first department store to see if there were any little-guy clothes on sale. Everything was still going smooth with him walking...that is, until the second we got to the kids section. I have no clue what possessed him, but the instant we were in the kids department, he took off running! I never realized how fast he has gotten. He was giggling and in a full on dodge through the clothing racks like a rat in a maze sprint. It didn't help matters that I was so shocked by his sprinting behavior that I was laughing while trying to catch up to him. It was so cute to see him trying to be silly and running from me, and I can't blame a two year old for playing games...but at that moment, I decided it was ok for him to be in a stroller (especially for the sake of mama's sanity!). We bought some clothes while I held him in my arms to prevent another rat-race, and then darted straight for the mall strollers. I was actually willing to shell out the three dollars to rent the stupid stroller, but lucky for me, I ran into a lady who was about to return hers. I offered her a dollar to use her stroller, and she gave it to me free of charge. The rest of my therapeutic shopping was spent pushing around little-man, while he sat contently "driving" his car-mall-stroller. It was a great day :).
~~~
I've spent the last two nights alone, watching chick flick movies. I decided to watch them alone for a couple of reasons. First, I don't feel like cleaning my house to be "company ready." Call me lazy if you must, but I just don't have the energy! I also don't think I would be able to find someone willing to watch these extremely girly movies with me. I think there is something said for a person who is a single mom..and has been single for over two years...As much as I would love to date someone, I am so comfortable in my independence. When I don't have someone over, I can watch the movie I want to watch..without feeling like I have to talk someone into my decision, or being disappointed if I give in and let the other person watch what they are in the mood for...sounds a bit selfish?...TOTALLY! All I know right now is for the moment, I am content being single. At this point in my life, I can't really picture someone fitting into my life, and I really don't know if I have the capability to mold my current life to fit someone else's. I'm a walking contradiction because I know that sometime in the next week I'll post about how much I want to have a bf...blah blah blah!
~~~
...Which leads me to the last item I will discuss for tonight. I am probably going to be meeting a guy I met through an online dating site. As much as I feel like I'm not in a position to be dating right now, I don't want to completely close my doors to the possibility. My mom gut is telling me that this guy MIGHT be a waste of my time...but it's also telling me that this guy might turn out to be someone special in my life. I guess taking a risk and meeting will be the only way to settle that debate. I'll keep you updated as to how everything goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment