Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Son...

is totally a pillow talker!! I shouldn't know this...and feel a little silly for making this public information...So I'll give you the backstory.
Last night, after cleaning the daily dirt and grime off of little man, I told him to hop up on mama's bed to get his jambo's on (synonym of jambo's: pajama's...I abbreviate almost everything!! hehe). I got him dressed, and proceeded to play the "don't lay on MAMA'S pillow...HEY! THAT'S MY PILLOW!!!" game with him. He responded with his usual giggle and then laid down on mama's pillow with a huge silly grin on his face (it was pretty cute!). Then he looked up at me and patted the pillow saying "lay down mama." How could I resist? The second my head hit the pillow it started...the pillow talk. "I dream cows mama" (translation: I'm going to dream about cows tonight.") "aaaaaaaaand fishies. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand hooowsies. aaaaaaaand cows mama! cows!" He kept going on and on and on (you get the picture!). When he caught me laying with my eyes closed, he gave my shoulder a gentle shake and a "wake UP mama!" I told him it was time to go to sleep...and his response was "I cuddle mama." I allowed him to snuggle in closesly. The second he was snuggled in he let out a GIANT sigh. I couldn't help but start to giggle...and since he knew I thought his sigh was funny, he did it twice more. I don't know where he gets his silly cute pillow talking gene from..but it's good stuff.
So to all of you lady tot's out there...If you're looking for a silly, sweet pillow talker, my boy is the tot for YOU! And for those of you who aren't into the whole "pillow talking" thing, steer clear...with this little man, you're in for an earful when it comes time to go to sleep :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds cute.

    I call pyjamas jam-jams or jammies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. darling. he is soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty adorable. I love it when kids realize they can make you laugh and keep doing it...

    ReplyDelete