Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I'm still a person...or am I?

In the past few months I have been struggling with a slight identity crisis. Since becoming the mother of a beautiful little-man, I have found it has put my friends into tricky social situations. My friends are truely great people, I couldn't ask to be surrounded with a more grounded, supportive group of people. Being one of the first of the group to have a baby, I have noticed the slightest bit of hesitation when it comes to inviting me to social events (and not to sound snotty, but I am attributing this to the fact that I am with child, not because people secretly hate me :p ). I have given the "I want to be known as a person, and not just a mom" speech to a few friends who were truthful with me about their struggle pertaining to my current life status. I never understood why it was so difficult for people to see me as me, and not just as a mom....until I read my first post...
Looking at what I wrote yesterday makes me realize how much my little-man has become who I am. Yes, I am still a person...but I'm a mom-person now. I can hardly hold a conversation without bringing little-man up in some way shape or form. I don't want to be one of those people who always brings up their little ones, but boy is it hard not to! I truely love my little-man, and after some thought, have decided it is okay for the people around me to view me as a mom. I guess I just hope that I can be a mom who LOVES to be included in social functions (no matter how big or small), and a mom who isn't afraid to have a good time....If I can manage to get myself in shape I might even be comfortable being called a MILF ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment