Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oh My!

This morning, life has slapped me with a twist that I am not prepared for. As I was getting ready for work, I noticed something glistening back at me in the mirror. I took a closer look, and to my dismay, found my worst nightmare...a silvery grey hair. I might start crying while writing this..."Going Grey" is something I have figured wouldn't happen to me...even though my dad was completely grey by age 20, and my mom was completely grey by age 30. I know I sound completely in denial about my hair turning grey because of my parents' premature hair change...but this is just something I am not ready for! Grey hair is not something I want to welcome into my life BEFORE I turn 25.

What did I do with this grey hair? I closed my eyes, shook my head, and then continued on with my morning. I have heard if you pluck the grey, it will start multiplying, and like HELL I want that to happen...so for now I am going to pretend like I didn't see it, in hopes of it disappearing on its own (fat chance huh!?)


Yes, I know I am being a baby about this...but again, I am ONLY 24! My hair has been the one good solid thing going for me! If I was married, or in a long-term relationship, I would have a good shoulder to cry on (and possibly someone pointing and laughing at me) but I haven't found that special someone yet, and the thought of starting to date again with a head full of grey monsters sounds a bit daunting.

To be quite honest, I wasn't even going to blog about this today...I was going to continue to be in denial. When I went to blog, I decided it was going to be better to just get it out in the open...

3 comments:

  1. GASP! YOU'RE SO OLD! whatever...it's one gray hair...you'll be ok. and, it's an old wives tail that if you pull it out they multiply...so pluck it if it bugs you =) also, you have TONS more going for you than just your hair. Do you want me to make a list??? Happy Thursday...and don't worry about one nasty little hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I saw my first gray hair on vacation when I was 12.

    Funny that you posted this yesterday. I woke up this morning and noticed WRINKLES!!!!!

    You can't pluck wrinkles.

    Ick. I'm old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete