Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Pieces of Me...

This time of the month, I often find myself toiling over what I don't have. I had a severely intense "What I don't have" moment on my way home from work today. After a five minute hard ugly cry, I decided I needed to spend some time to remember what I actually have...the little things in life that I take for granted, but deserve my whole hearted appreciation.

I have a little man in my life who loves me. I know he has moments where he doesn't like me (just as I sometimes don't like him/his behavior choices) but he always loves me for me (and I ALWAYS love him). It's so special, amazing, beautiful and priceless.

I have an awesome job. It has been my strength and my center the past few months. It is a place I can go where I don't have to worry about scolding someone <::cough::little man::cough::>. It is a place that is equally as fulfilling, as it is challenging. I have found great people who are smart in the business world, and have strong moral roots planted.

I have a reliable car to drive (which is a luxury I take for granted ALL OF THE TIME!).

I have an extremely comfortable bed to sleep in at night. I (as well as the rest of you) am so thankful for this! (this mama gets VERY ugly without a good nights sleep)

I have parents who would give me the shirts off of their back if I asked them to. I know and appreciate our differences. No matter how much we disagree, they still manage to make me feel loved.

I always have food in my cupboard. I realize many people don't have this luxury in life. I don't have to stress about where my next meal comes from, all I have to do is open up the cupboard and 100% of the time I can make something to eat.

I am a part of a team that meets once every week to drink a few brews, play some softball and catch up on life. It is very rewarding to spend a night with this crowd..they have taught me more than I could put down in words.

All of these things are just snippets of what I have to be thankful for in life. Somethings are materialistic, this I know...but all are extremely important luxuries that I easily overlook. They are pieces which I tend to take for granted, but I never forget their existence. Some days it feels like life throws me curve balls. As long as I can keep reminding myself of the blessings in my life, I know I'll be able to hit the curve balls out of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment