Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Burned.


For those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing me in person...I've pretty much got the whitest skin of anyone you've ever met. I make Powder look tan.
I can thank my Irish ancestors for generously passing on their pale-skin genes.
The weather in MN has been PERFECT if you're one who enjoys spending time in the sun. We're in the midst of a fairly serious drought, but the sun....it's AWESOME!
This past Saturday I was visiting with a friend, and we sat out on her deck chit-chatting and soaking up some rays. Not once did I think to lather up in sunscreen, although, I managed to remember to apply a bunch of SPF 50 on little man.
After basking for approximately two hours, we headed home, and both myself and little man took approximately 3-hour naps. The sun had taken every bit of energy from me, so I desperately needed to replenish (as did little man, apparently).
When I woke up I could literally feel the burn. I kid you not, it looks like I'm wearing a white spaghetti strap tank top (please, don't be jealous).

The best part about my awesome tan is the reaction I've received from people.

It goes a little something like this:
People: (GASP) "WHAT HAPPENED?!?!"
Me: "I was outside on Saturday."
People: "OMG! You are SO SUN BURNED!"
Me: "Yeah, I know."
People: "Didn't you put on sunscreen?"
Me: "Apparently not."
People: "Why not?"
Me: "Because, I didn't think about it...." (responding while internally rolling my eyes because YES, I SHOULD'VE BEEN WEARING SUNSCREEN, THANKS FOR MAKING ME FEEL REALLY REALLY REALLY SMART)

Was it the healthiest move I've made? Of course not. I've suffered people, no need to lecture. Yes, I'll at least put on SPF 15 before my next "chit-chat session" outside on a beautiful day....But I'll be darned if I'm the palest chick by the end of this summer.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment