Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Real World.

Last night was the first time I've ever felt "old." What made me feel old. The effin Real World.

I remember a day when I used to tune into MTV and think "wow, look those people living in a house without parents or rules! They are soooo lucky! I want to do that someday...."

The next thing I knew, I was graduating high school and off to college. I experienced my own version of the Real World when I agreed to live in a house with five other girls. It was hell on earth. I doubt a single girl who lived in that house would say they'd do it all over again if they had the chance (and if they DID want to do it all over again, I'd be the first to have them committed to a psych ward).

Fast forward to today, and the situation that made me feel old. A "character" on the show said he was hoping to gain new family members from agreeing to the MTV experience. That made me think of how I wanted my roomies to be, and how I slowly realized when you have high expectations of people, they let you down. Kind of sad, yes...but a great life lesson. I looked at my television last night and said "dude, you'll learn life is full of shit...you just need to learn how to get it off of your shoes without touching it, and you'll be fine and dandy." Well, maybe I didn't say this outloud, but I sure as hell thought it inside my head.



**Did I mention I'm giving up swearing for lent? That being said, I'm not allowing myself to physically SAY the word...so chances are I'm gonna have the urge to TYPE the word. I'll do my best to control this, but I sure as hell am not making any promises. ;)

1 comment: