Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Movies.

Movies I've watched this weekend:
Transformers - Not as good as everyone hyped it up to be.
No Country for Old Men - Twisted.
Super Bad - Kinda funny.
Gone Baby Gone - Intense.
Surf's Up - Alright...but would only recommend it if you could watch it at no cost.

What a weekend for the movies! I seem to have taken a love for watching a good four to five movies every weekend. I really am loving On Demand and having a dvr to record televised movies so I can watch them on my own accord.

I've gotta comment on the Oscars since I'm not part of the in-twitter crowd (nor will I become part of that crowd if my sanity has anything to say about it). I was entertained from the get-go. I thought Hugh stepped it up and was funny, and charming..plus, shouting out I AM WOLVERINE had me almost peeing my pants (I'm a huge X-Men fan..hehe). The other beginning moment that had me chuckling was Whoopie's supporting actress speech, referring to her previous role in Sister Act. Hilarious.
Yes, I too bawled when Heath won for best actor is a supporting role. I think the loss of him touches me so much because my heart hurts for his little girl.

Movies I want to see sooner than later:

Slumdog Millionaire
En Brouge
Wanted
Changeling
The Reader
Doubt

I'm too cheap to actually buy these gems...so I guess I'll have to wait until they're in the Free Movies section of On Demand :)

1 comment: