Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Today for you. Tomorrow for ME!

The only catch about my title is tomorrow never comes.

I recently got together with a few friends of mind for a scrumptious dinner. Afterwards, we started reminiscing about how 2009 had treated us. All three of us are currently single. All three of us had numerous dating horror stories from 2009. It was at that moment we proclaimed that 2010 was going to be the year of the good men.

I don't even know if it's physically possible to dedicate an entire year to good men...so it got me thinking. What could I dedicate 2010 to? And then it hit me like a freight train...

I am going to dedicate 2010 to ME!

Yeah, yeah, yeah...it sounds selfish, I know. You see, I think it's high time I deserve some good, old fashioned quality "me" time. A treat here. Kicking my feet up there. Patting myself on the back here. Taking a vacation there.

In 26.5 years of life, I've never had the gall to proclaim I was actually going to take care of me. Look out for me. And be my own awesome self advocate. I don't know why...I've always thought about being a self advocate..but thinking and doing are two totally different things.

The Plan:

Dedicate 2010 to me.

The Action:
Start the year out right by scheduling a hair cut between today, and January 1st. (CHECK)

Go to see a movie in the Theater that isn't a kids movie. (CHECK...Little man is lined up to have a sleepover with his cousin AT his cousin's house the night of the first)

Go to the spa. (CHECK. I have an appointment for the morning of January 2nd)

Get in shape. (CHECK. I've started daily workouts...I'll post more on this in a week or two...)

Take one candle lit bubble bath a week...(CHECK. And let me tell you, what a GREAT way to unwind and clear your head!!)

Take a vacation. (CHECK. My trip is booked for the beginning of March...I'M SO EXCITED!!)

I think I'm off to a brilliant start. Did I mention that I'm roughly three laundry loads away from being COMPLETELY CAUGHT UP ON MY LAUNDRY TOO!?!?! Yup. 2010 is starting off on the right foot, so help me God!

Do you have any other suggestions for me? Are you making any resolutions or dedications for 2010?

1 comment:

  1. I think that those are awesome small steps to create the larger goal of making sure you feel amazing and taken care of. :) I hope 2010 brings you all you wish for!

    ReplyDelete