Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and Colds.

The holidays were fine in my hood....but I'm not here to give you a holiday recap..I'm here to tell you a story, and ask for your feedback.

Lets rewind to last Wednesday. I was set to have people from both my mom and dad's side of the family over for the second annual family festivus christmas party. I graciously began hosting this event because my family had stopped getting together...I digress.

I had invited my niece to spend the night since she and her mother would be attending a low key Christmas eve dinner the following evening (for those of you unaware, the Midwest was set to get get a monstrous blizzard the 23rd through 25th last week).

When the kids saw each other, they began shrieking in joy. They were running around, playing happily...and then my niece started gagging. She looked as if she was going to throw up, so I cupped her mouth and rushed her to the bathroom. She said she wasn't feeling well from being around cigarettes a few days before (they were visiting friends who were smokers). I was slightly concerned, but blew it off, thinking I'd address it further if her symptoms grew worse.

We had a great night, followed by a fun morning. My niece's mom was let out of work early due to the weather, so she came to my house to hang out. I informed her of the gagging incident from the night before, and my niece's mom responded with "Oh yeah...she was probably gagging from drainage because she has been sick."

WHAT?!

Yeah, you read that right. My niece's mom sent her to my house (a NOW HEALTHY HOUSE) sick. I was furious.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my niece...but when you have a sick kid, you keep her home...you don't send her into a perfectly healthy household to infect EVERYONE ELSE! I don't care if it's Christmas. I don't care if it's Hanukkah. You keep a sick kid home because that's where sick kids belong. Period, the end. Am I wrong to think that this woman has ZERO common sense?!?!?!

So, today I write this post with a cold...because OF COURSE I caught the nasty little bug from her.

I wonder if I should send her the doctor bill for when little man comes down with an ear infection in a weeks time from said cold? I am completely tempted to do so. Seriously.


So...back to the part where I ask for your opinion...

Would you send a sick kid to someone's house? (Christmas or no Christmas...and for that matter, does it even matter if it's a holiday?)

No comments:

Post a Comment