Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Living for Today.

January 1st is right around the corner. The first day of a new year. A time where most people set goals for the upcoming year. A time where most people reflect on their accomplishments to date, their failures. A time to process where you are at in life.

This year, I've decided to look at the new year with a different perspective. With the road bumps, extreme highs and extreme lows the past has brought me, I've realized that focusing on things I can't change or predict is a waste of time. Sure, I think it's a good idea to have long term goals in mind...but I feel that setting too many goals clouds your vision of the now.

Maybe I'm not making a lick of sense. I just feel like the volatile state of the economy, and life in general, is too great to devote copious amounts of time worrying about what could've been or what can be.

Every day I wake up is a good day. Life is as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment