Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Music of the Heart

What is my favorite music of the moment?

I have morphed into a country girl. I know, it's embarrassing to admit publicly. But I have.

I'm trying to listen to music rather than having the television on, but it's been a bit of a struggle. The only time I really listen to music is when I'm in my car! (yes, that's kind of sad...I really need to work on that!)

The music selection in my car varies from country, to pop and even some alternative classics like sublime and incubus (yes, I believe incubus is an alternative classic band...wanna fight?)

Little man is a country whore. He absolutely loves Gretchen Wilson and regularly requests the "Oh Yeah!" song (Redneck Woman) whenever we are in the car. Lately he has taken a liking to All Jacked Up... I'm either the coolest mom ever, or I'm going to hell!

What kind of music has you at hello? (translation: What's your favorite music?)

2 comments:

  1. What is wrong with country and why is that embarassing to admit publicily? LOL.

    I am a huge fan of Pandora radio on the Internet. At the moment I have been listening to musical soundtracks, but I've also become a huge fan of Adele, John Legend, Duffy, and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many things...that's the great thing about music. I think my favorite though is stuff from the grunge era...Nirvana, Pixies, Soundgarden...but then I love things like Cat Power and Jenny Lewis...and then I love things like Tom Petty or Stax singers like Otis Redding...ah, I love music so much.
    I listen to some country but it's really limited and generally really only love stuff by Johnny Cash or Patsy Cline or Hank Williams, that classic country stuff.

    ReplyDelete