Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birds of a Feather...

...flock together.

This speaks true to my life on a few occasions. One, whenever I'm out with my family. Since MN implemented it's smoking ban, people have to go outside to burn one. Aside from my 4year old neice, and little man, I am the only non-smoker of the family (at least of the family that I hang out with...). I am almost always the one to be left sitting at the table or the bar. It blows goats. Especially when they return and have met/talked with funny people.

I realized this morning, that I flock with some birds too. The coffee drinkers. I've expressed my disdain for drinking black coffee before. I think I'm turning a new leaf. A less-sugar-in-my-diet leaf. While turning this new leaf over, I realize that I have a tighter bond with the other office coffee drinkers. We chat about different brands, and other small talk ensues. It makes me feel good to know I'm finally included in a small social group...especially when that group doesn't entail burning anything.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, plus, no offense to your family but the coffee birds are less stinky than the smokey ones.

    ReplyDelete