Mandy, one of my favorite blog-ladies, asked if anyone would like to be interviewed...and I bit the worm on the hook. SO...
1. If you want to participate, leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.” (And your e-mail address, please.)
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. What inspired you to start blogging and how do you find inspiration for your posts?
I was inspired to start blogging because a few people on my softball team mentioned blogs, and I was CLUELESS. SO...I checked it out, and figured I'd give it a try. That was a little over a year ago, and I've been loving almost every second of it. I've always wanted to keep a journal, and this has been the easiest way to record my thoughts.
Most of the inspiration for my posts comes from my everyday life. My mind always seems to run at a million and one miles a minute, so when my brain feels out of control, I stop myself, blog it out, and then do my best to continue on with my day.
2. If you had $100,000 and had to donate it to charity (you cannot keep it, give to any friends or family members), which charities would you donate it to and why?
I am not the most familiar person with the charities scene since I could probably be considered a charity case myself (ha!). Hence, if I had 100K I would really love to sponsor a scholarship for single mom's that are going through what I've been dealing with for the past three years. I feel education is extremely important, and it is very difficult for someone in my shoes to afford to live on her own, go to school, take care of the bills as well as financially afford daycare. Yes, there are state run/government funded programs...but none of them have worked out for me. So yeah, long story short, I would most likely give out four 25K scholarships :)
3. Do you have a life motto? What is it and why did you chose that as your words to live by?
My life motto was recently acquired. Yes, it's from a cheesy kids movie, but when I heard it, I was awe struck
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."
4. If you had to give up your sense of sight or hearing, which one would you choose and why?
Ouch. That is a very difficult question. If I gave up my sight I'd never be able to witness my little man grow up. If I gave up my hearing I'd never be able to hear his voice again. Both of those things scare me to think about. Can I take a pass on this one? Please (insert ridiculously huge pouty face here)
5. If you inherited a large sum of money that would allow you to live comfortably without working for the rest of your life but had the stipulation that you had to volunteer somewhere 30-40 hours a week, where would you chose to volunteer?
I want to take this one step further. If I inherited a large sum of money and had to volunteer my time, I know exactly what I would do with my time. I would open up a free/affordable in home daycare. As a working single mom, there isn't a fair price to pay someone for taking care/raising your child for you while you're working. I think childcare centers are overrated, and I think their fees are completely ridiculous for the average working individual. I've worked with babies in the past, and it is the most rewarding way I've spent my time, (aside from raising my own little monster man of course).
So there ya have it...five tasty tidbits about me! Don't forget to request your own personal interview! Happy Tuesday all!!
2 days ago