Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Friday, March 20, 2009

People.

I may have said it before, and if not, I'll say it now. People can really make or break you. Daily, it's virtually inevitable that you come across people from all walks of life. People who grew up with or without money. People who did or did not graduate from high school or college. People with or without a family and people with or without a significant other. People who you only know on the internet, or only see in real life.

People...they're everywhere!

There are people who cut you down, and there are people who make you feel welcomed, loved, and respected. I feel absolutely lucky and blessed to have welcoming, loving and respectful people in my life, be it in real life or on the internet. I may not always say it, but these people have helped me rise above my negative emotions and have given me a fresh perspective on life.

Truth be told, friends are the family you get to choose. You may not always see eye to eye, but a real friend will always come back as a pillar of support.

My pillars are stronger than I could have ever imagined. This coming from a single parent with most of her friends in serious relationships or married. These people amaze me almost every day.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. The older I get, the more and more I truly appreciate what wonderful people I have in my life.

    ReplyDelete