Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Mirror Images.

With each minute that passes I'm beginning to feel like today was one of those days where I should have stayed in bed.

Recently, I've noticed how much work and life mirror each other...except for a few minor details.

When someone is inappropriate to you at work, you have options:
1) Confront them about their actions/inappropriate behavior.
2) Bottle it and let it slide.
3) Take the issue to their superior or to HR.

When someone is inappropriate with you in your personal life, your options are less (specifically if this "someone" happens to be dating your mother):

1) Bottle it.
2) Confront the Him person.
3) Tell your mom.

Ugh. All of the options create a rift. I think that's why I tend to chose my professional life over family life. The professional life makes it easier to leave feelings out of the mix. The personal/family life...not so easy to do so.

At times like these I wonder if the conundrum known as my "family life" will ever settle down. Fingers are constantly pointed at who was in the wrong...at me, and others, etc. If I sit and let others wrongly point their fingers at me for the sake of peace, is that REALLY the right thing to do?

Who the hell knows?! I certainly haven't figured it out yet...

If you have the right answer...please, please, please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, family drama is never fun. I usually try to stay out of it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete