Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 3

We woke up bright and early, doused ourselves with sun screen, and set out for Sanibell Island today.

It was AWESOME. Chilly, but AWESOME! I couldn't believe all of the seashells...plus, the moment we made it onto the Causeway, I spotted the dorsel fins of some dolphins swimming in the bay...Have I told you it was AWEOMSE?!

We spent the morning combing the beach, and wound up with a ziplock bag full of different seashells.

For lunch, we stopped at a nook called the Lazy Flamingo. I had a grilled grouper sandwhich (it was delish), and little man had a hot dog (surprise) which was served on top of a frisbee that he got to keep...it was pretty cool.

At noon, we went on a sea creature boat ride. Not ten minutes into the ride, we spotted a pod of bottle nosed dolphins. It was so amazing to see these creatures in person.

For dinner we checked out a place called BoneFish. I thought it was unique to this area, so I asked the server. As it turns out, it's owned by Outback Steakhouse...and there are 150 nation wide. Although it was super unique, it was EXTREMELY delish. I had chilean seabass, with an organic garbanzo bean side, and some augratin potatoes which were heaven on a plate. I also tried a coconut cream pie, and whoa boy it was good.

2 comments:

  1. We have a BoneFish here in GR. I've never been though. You recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend...especially if you are going out for a special occassion. It's a bit on the $$$ end, so although it was really good, we only ate there once.

    ReplyDelete