Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

30+ Days!!

Since entering college, the longest span of time I had gone without drinking was the moment I found out I was pregnant (at five weeks along) up until two months after I had little man...so, roughly 11 months. During that time, I still went out with my friends to the bars or the occasional house party...but I did everything sober. At one event, I pretended to swig from a bottle of vodka as a joke (no worries peeps, the cap was on...) but that was as close as this chica came to alcohol.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an alcoholic. I don't NEED booze to have fun, but I highly enjoy consuming alcohol in social situations. In the first two months of 2009, there were a LOT of social situations which meant this mama was drinking her fair share!

I decided I need to pull the reigns on my drinking behaviors, and remind myself how much fun life and socializing was without booze. I committed myself to not drinking for the entire month of March. When I told people this, I was met with one of two responses:

1) Did you give it up for lent?
2) Huh...cool.

No, me giving up alcohol for a month had NOTHING to do with lent. It was just a self challenge I wanted to partake in.

As of today, April 1st 2009, I haven't had a drop of alcohol in my system for over a month....and I've still managed to have a lot of fun the past four weeks (insert gasp here).

I want to continue to challenge myself, so I have decided to not let myself consume alcohol until I've started routinely working out.

For the month of April I'm challenging myself to not spend superfluous money. What does that mean for me? No spending money on breakfast or lunch (rather, bringing food from home aka leftovers). Not wasting money on food purchases in general (aka eating most if not ALL of my leftovers). Not allowing myself to buy new dvd's for the month of April. Hopefully ending April with a few extra dollars in my pocket than I usually do! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals! I started doing the money thing in January and its made a huge difference. Eating in at lunch alone helps save a lot.

    ReplyDelete