Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Really?

Oh Brit-Brit.

You are making me feel old.

I would never had imagined the day when I shook my finger whilst rolling my eyes at "what the kids are listening to today" would come. At the ripe old age of 26, you've managed to evoke that maternal disapproval from me.

If You Seek Amy is a catchy tune. I've thought so since the day I brought your latest cd home (yes, it was a christmas present and yes, I was very excited to receive it). I never quite understood that track. The vocabulary seemed off to me. Maybe it's a sign of my old age, but saying "All the boys and all of the girls are begging to if you seek amy" doesn't grammatically make sense.

And then, I was enlightened. Your subliminal message was ACTUALLY F. U. C. K. ME. Ha. Kinda funny....But Brit-Brit...would you like it if Preston walked around your house screaming F. U. C. K. ME!. Well, you probably wouldn't mind...but I sure do.

Sure, I could turn off my radio, or change the station when your clever little tune comes on. What about the kids whose parents HAVEN'T picked up on your inappropriate song?

I just don't know what to think anymore, aside from shaking my finger, rolling my eyes and shaking my head no.

2 comments:

  1. I think you're giving Brit-Brit too much credit. There's no way she wrote that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. It took me reading that line five times before I saw the hidden meaning. Never would've gotten it if you hadn't pointed it out. I really am old.

    ReplyDelete