Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Do You Hear Me?

I love my son, but I loathe toddlers! Let me explain.

Toddlers just.don't.listen. And what's even more nerve wracking about this, is they hear what you're saying, AND understand you..but they don't care. And they're so darn cute that your frustration levels never push you into a rage, because they look at you with their big eyes and their munchkin giggle. It's almost enough to drive a grown adult insane. Really.

Lately, when I make requests of little man, like "Come on, let's get your jambo's on" I am countered with him IGNORING ME. It's only when I tell him I'll pick him up, or not let him put his jambos on that he perks up and acknowledges my existence.

When I call him on his ignorant defiance, he immediately counters with "I listen mama...I LISTEN!" and proceeds to pout and produce an amazing look on his face that never fails to make me feel guilty. Sometimes, I think he's in cohorts with the devil himself....Only because he's so darn manipulative, and he's ONLY 2 and a HALF!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww. I couldn't imagine having an actual child. When I tell my dog she can't have anymore bones, she looks at me with her big brown eyes and pouts, I instantly cave. I would never be able to resist a toddler giving me that look.

    ReplyDelete