Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm Glad...

I love music, but I have only been to a handful of concerts. Most of the shows have been during music festivals such as X-Fest or WEFest. In fact, the only shows I have been to that WEREN'T a part of a music festival were two NSYNC shows (no, you didn't read that wrong...).
That being said, I purchased a ticket to the upcoming Gretchen Wilson show at the Myth...and I'm REALLY excited!
I've heard rumors that she's not the most personable to her fans...but there IS such a thing as separating work with personal life (something that Brittney FAILED AT MISERABLY). Gretchen has my complete and total respect. One of my favorite songs to jam to (lately) is California Girls:

I ain’t never had a problem with California
There’s a lot of good women from Sacramento to Carona
But them Hollywood types after a while wear on ya
Struttin around in their size zeros
Skinny little girls no meat on their bones
Never even heard of George Jones

Ain’t you glad we ain’t all California girls
Ain’t you glad there’s still a few of us left
That knows how to rock your world
Ain’t afraid to eat fried chicken and dirty dance to Merle
Ain’t you glad we ain’t all California girls

There ain’t nothing wrong with plastic surgery
Well Dolly Parton never looked so good to me
Everybody ought to be exactly who they want to be
But that Paris Hilton gets under my skin
With her big fake smile and her painted on tan
She’d never have a chance at a real man

(Chorus: x2)

Now...I understand that there's some grammar issues here, but the message is pretty good, and exactly how I feel right now :)

I may not be thin, but I'm damn proud of who I am...and I think that matters the most in life! (stepping off of my soapbox now...)

1 comment:

  1. I love Gretchen Wilson. I saw her in a small club setting when she first came on the scene and she rocked it out. Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete