Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

NaBloWHAT?!

Why not reinvigorate this small corner of the internet?  I've always wanted to participate in NaBloPoMo, but never had the wherewithal to REMEMBER that I wanted to participate until November was half over.  Perhaps I tried a couple of years ago, but I'll tell you with great certainty that I failed with flying colors, I digress.

I suppose the trick for keeping this task interesting for the both of us is to come up with some wildly interesting topic and expand it over the next four weeks.  Eff.  Sure, it sounds easy, but my never-lies-to-me-mom-gut is telling me otherwise. 

To start off the month, I think I'll try to dedicate the post to a person I want to send a shout out to.  Today, that person is me (narcissistic much?).  Ok, ok, ok...I won't send a shout out to me, but instead to my wicked awesome neighborhood. 

I moved into my house in February of this year, and almost immediately it was as if I had moved into my niche.  My neighbors had children of a similar age to baby boy, and we lived on the same side of our street within four houses of each other.  There I sit amongst two awesome married couples, and me (the single-mom spinster). 

They're honestly some of the nicest people I've met.  They love to sit around bonfires drinking beer (which is exactly what we did last night, although it consisted of me downing a bottle of Hallowine, a neighbor drinking beer, and the other two neighbors sipping on soda). 

The kids went out trick-or-treating, chaperoned by the 17-year old neighbor, and life was good.  We even spotted a large buck (twice) two doors down.  (In case you're curious, when one of the neighbors shouted "look at the rack on that thing," I immediately responded with "stop talking about me, I'm right here!"...thank god my neighbors share in my same humor!!).

So, a huge SHOUT OUT to the Lois Drive Crew (LDC, as this post has now inspired me to form Shoreview's first neighborhood posse).

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you LOVE your neighborhood, and the new house.

    Good luck with NaBloPoMo - I have been participating for years and plan to again this year. We can inspire each other! Check out my old posts here:

    http://amelie-mn.blogspot.com/search/label/NaBloPoMo

    ReplyDelete