Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Money Maker

I recently switched jobs.  After spending close to five years in commercial real estate, I saw my future career looking uneventful had I stayed, so I chose to start looking around for other opportunities and see what was out there.

I had always wanted to work for the U of M...I wish I could tell you why.  Perhaps it was because college atmosphere's are absolutely electric.  Maybe it was because the environment of the U was so diverse.  I'd even go out on a limb and say the campus had a way of making me feel as if I were in a different world, even though it's boundaries fall within the Twin Cities.

After countless applications, one was finally passed forward to a department hiring manager.  After an interview, I was offered the position.  Many tears were shed at my new opportunity.  Tears of excitement for what was to come.  Tears of sadness for leaving my former office-mates.  Tears of sheer joy that I was actually going to be a U of M employee.

It has been four months since beginning my tenure with the U of M...four months I will never forget.  Four months of sheer continuous excitement.  I'm so lucky my money maker is a job that makes me smile...not many people can say that.

A shout out to the U for being U. 

No comments:

Post a Comment