Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Friday, November 2, 2012

2nd Time is a Charm

Two days in a row...see?  I've got this thing NAILED DOWN YO.

To expand on my first NaBloPoMo post, I want to send a special shout out to the person who persevered to make my home owning a reality. 

I've been working towards achieving home ownership since the day I found out I was pregnant.  I didn't necessarily go about the fastest way possible, especially considering the years I spent avoiding my HORRIBLE credit history prior to becoming pregnant...but I always had the goal of home ownership floating around in my head. 

My parents raised me in a single family home.  I can count on less than five fingers the number of friends growing up who lived in an apartment (pre-college, of course).  My first experience living in an apartment came when I was in college (with AND without roommates).  It's not that I had ill feelings towards raising my son in an apartment setting, but I knew the luxuries I was afforded as a kid wouldn't be available to him (read: immediate outdoor access, consistent outdoor toys that were his, a washer and dryer my parents could use without having to scrounge around for quarters, actual peace and quiet at all times (specifically at night when I was in bed)...you know, the "good stuff").

I'd begun looking with a realtor, but never officially signed an agreement.  Then came Shannon.  She was a former classmate of mine, and a very driven and dedicated Real Estate agent.  She was EXACTLY what I needed.  She took me on over a dozen different showings, set me up with a personalized online notification site, and was always on the lookout for the property that would fit me and my little man. 

In a way, she had no way of knowing how perfect the house we were finally able to close on really was for myself and my son....but I'll be dammed if I don't owe her an immense amount of gratitude for the way goal was finally accomplished.  I still find myself sporadically feeling overcome with excitement that my son is afforded the luxuries of growing up in a single family house (as funny as that may sound).

So a SHOUT OUT to you, Shannon.  You rock harder than granite.

No comments:

Post a Comment