Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, July 13, 2009

Where to start?

My mind is currently it's normal self; A constant whirlwind of thoughts that never stop bothering me.

I feel like I have so much to share, but can't tell where to start! That same feeling of "so much to do, where the eff do I start?!" greeted me at the office this morning as well.

I was privileged enough to have a four day weekend, and the first day back to the office (for me, at least) is spent going through emails and trying to sort out what was missed on my days off.

*A fun tidbit to share!! My toddler son says "Holy Shit" in the appropriate context. I couldn't be more proud mortified. At least he had the common courtesy to proclaim his cursing in the car...where it was only the two of us!

I guess it's high time I start a cursing fund for myself....The only trouble is I'm too broke to anty up! Ha...good times!!

Another fun tidbit to share...I (just so happened) to fun over little man's pointer finger with our Target cart on Friday morning. He was dinking around on the bottom of the cart, laying on his stomach...I told him five times to keep his hands off of the ground...and a minute later the cart was stopped...by his pointer finger.
The nail was all but ripped out. It was traumatic for him, as well as myself. Not gonna lie, after about five minutes of showing little man my brave face I broke down in tears (in front of a target manager, and a target clinic physician). There's not a whole lot that breaks me...but seeing my baby in pain, and knowing I was the one who ultimately caused it was the straw that broke my "mommy-strong back."

We ended up in urgent care, and two more doctors later (the first, being seen briefly at Target) we left with a bandaged finger, a stock of fingertip band aids and a few packs of Neosporin.

All is well that ends well though. Little man is recovering, as is my guilty conscious.

Side note: Rented He's Just Not That Into You...and LOVED IT :). Pretty sure one of the characters is me...almost to a T.

*Thank you, Yahoo, for making my poor habits feel slightly more validated.

No comments:

Post a Comment