Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, July 27, 2009

The Game Needs Polishing.

Bachelorette parties can be a BLAST! Last Saturday night was no exception. A great friend of mine is tying the knot at the end of August and this past Saturday was her "last hoorah"*. We ate great food, shared many laughs and equally as many shots of vodka. Our fun group ventured downtown with calculators around our necks...because the bride to be is an Actuary.
Many speakers were danced upon, and many poles were tended to.
However...let me tell you about me at the first bar we were at. All of us are dancing...we had planned on going to a few bars that night, and were about to head out to the next venue. I start doing some crazy-awesome dance moves with a guy (the calculator was a great starting point...a bit ironic considering how geeky a calculator necklace is). Then I (apparently) told the guy I needed to round up my friends..I was very concerned about keeping everyone together (a little too concerned I guess!!).
Once everyone got outside, a friend of mine came up to me shouting "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" We were both laughing. She witnessed the whole thing..she said he was really sweet and cute..and walked away looking like a kid who had lost his puppy when I unintentionally rejected him. I guess I need to work on my game a little bit more!
You can put the mom in downtown Minneapolis...but apparently you can't take the mama-hen outta the mom! Lucky for me, I'll have a chance to redeem myself as I head out to another bachelorette party this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment