Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Toys.

Either my son has been possessed by a demon, or he's just acting three. The truth is, I can't be too sure.

My only request was for him to pick up his toys. Lately, when I've asked him to do so he replies by showing my HOW to STEP OVER THEM. Cute..but not really. I'm sick of stepping over/on toys. He has a bucket shelf system..it's very easy.

See toys.
See buckets.
Put toys in buckets.
Done.

My guess is he thinks I'm making him play in his room alone when I ask him to pick up his toys and put them in his room...Our communication styles just aren't meshing.

So what did I do to counter his refusal to pick up his toys? I told him I was throwing them out and placed every toy I could find on the floor in a garbage bag. Moves like that put kids in therapy...but I feel like I'm at my whits end with him.

He was around his cousin this past weekend...and lets just say (for the sake of being nice) that his cousin's attitude is nail bitingly annoying (don't get me wrong...I love her DEARLY...I'm just not digging her attitude lately is all...yes, I'm going to hell).

Let me be the first to sarcastically tell you that I LOVE WHEN MY NIGHTS CONSIST OF FIGHTING WITH MY ATTITUDE RIDDEN TODDLER.

His saving grace is how he can flip on his sweet side almost instantaneously. After I had hugged and kissed him goodnight, I asked him if we were going to have a good day tomorrow...His response? "I love you mom. Have nice dreams. We're gonna have a good day tomorrow."

Bless his heart.

1 comment:

  1. This is why i shouldn't have children. They would be the death of me. My dog can't talk back.

    ReplyDelete