Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dazed and Confused

I was looking forward for some low key hanging out since 8am Friday morning. As much as I love my job, the time couldn't fly fast enough. I was set to pick up a pizza and hang out with a girl friend from high school. I needed some chill time...it was long overdue.
The night was great....until just after my friend left. A chill swept over my body, and before I knew it, I had spiked a fever.
I just don't get it. It seems like I ALWAYS get sick on the weekend! Not only was I determined to not get sick, but I was also supposed to attend a bachelorette party. As much as I had needed a chill night in, I needed a crazy night out on the town with the girls. I popped two extra strength advils, in hopes that this would pass...but I woke up the next morning and felt like I had been hit by the sick bus. I was miserable.
Determined to pretend like I wasn't sick, I got dressed and took my car to get a few minor things worked on...as the time passed, the urge to crawl back into bed grew stronger. I made a call to say I wasn't going to be able to make it to the party, went home, and slept the noon hour away with little man.
When we woke up, the sitter I had planned to watch little man came over and took him out so I could rest. I slept the entire afternoon away...and when they came home I ALMOST felt like I could go out...but I knew better than that. I settled in, and called it a night.
This morning I woke up with a nasty headache...almost as if I had actually gone out and drank. I was a bit stumped...but I'm thinking it was from a lack of caffeine. Between you and me, I'm already looking forward to this coming Friday, since this entire weekend was a giant sick/sleep fest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment