Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Pancakes

Since I had two requests for the recipe I used for pumpkin pancakes, I will concede and share my secrets (consider yourself lucky!)

...They're pretty darn delicious:

I use Aunt Jemima pancake mix to start..but any dry mix will do.

*Measure out the dry mix as directed

*Add equal parts cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (I use a teaspoon of all three..they're the classic "Pumpkin Pie Spices")

*Add 2-3 Tablespoons of brown sugar

*Add eggs, milk and oil as directed on box and mix

*Mix in 1/3 cup canned pumpkin

Viola! Make pancakes as normal, and enjoy with butter and syrup :-)

They're slightly more temperamental when you flip them...but they turn out delicious, and are a definite favorite of my 2.5 year old. They smell amazing, and you can even elaborate for the adults by adding chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter.

They brown the best on a non-stick pan without grease/butter/non-stick spray.

Using the box mix is slightly cheating, but they turn out fantastic! I took the remaining canned pumpkin and divided it equally into ziplock bags and froze it for the next batch of pancakes. It can be thawed out in the microwave :-)

It's a pretty easy recipe. If you try it, let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment