Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The River

Every day, on my way to and from work, I cross the Mighty Mississippi. I am enthralled at how gorgeous the shorelines are although the bridge happens to be in the middle of Minneapolis.

This morning, as I was driving to work, I was struck with a small epiphany. You see, today, the river was calm. Yesterday, when the winds were fiercely blowing, the river had white-caps. Doesn't the same hold true for life?

When nothing seems to go right, and the winds of frustration are strong, you life feels agitated.
When the winds die down, life turns peaceful and jovial, just like the river without winds.

The power a river possesses is very frightening to me. The currents are a bit unpredictable, and in most cases, unless you go with the flow you're in for an exhausting ride. I guess I'll admit that life scares me too, but I'm going to do my best to go with the flow and hope for a great outcome.

1 comment:

  1. I've grown up next the the river my whole life and have learned much from it.

    ReplyDelete