Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Today

This morning didn't start out bad. Little man was agreeable when it came to getting ready to head out the door. Traffic felt light. In fact, I even had time to run through and get coffee. It was a great Monday.

Enter when I'm sitting at my desk and I manage to spill half of my coffee down the front of my shirt...My white shirt.

Eff.

I calmly got up, and proceeded to a sink where I scrubbed with some Ivory. And ya know what? The stain lifted. I almost starting singing...but I didn't. I just smiled, and returned to my desk...wet shirt and all.

I don't know when, why or where my perspective on life shifted....but it did. I feel less anxious, more serene, and not phased by nearly as much as I would have been five years ago. Life might spill coffee on the front of your shirt...but a bit of soapy water, and some calm temperament was the spoon that helped the medicine go down. No fuss. No stress. No worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment