Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sunshine Committee

I rarely write about work. It's a taboo subject that makes me uneasy to write about..but this...THIS, I cannot resist.

Our office is having casual Twins attire day to celebrate the 163rd tie-breaker game against the Detroit Tigers, taking place today at 4pm Central time.

Not gonna lie, this day has me giddy. The Twins always seem to make a run for the playoffs interesting, and if I had more time on my hands, I'd research the facts for ya...woe is me.

If you are unfamiliar with the Minnesota Twins, let alone Major League Baseball (MLB), here are some cliffs notes that will help you understand how awesome the Twins are.

The MLB is divided into two leagues: National and American. In each league, there are a couple of divisions. Each division has a champ that makes it to the playoffs (aka, the run for the World Series), and each league has a "wild card" (aka, the team with the most wins that DOESN'T win their division).

The Twins have a few great competitors in their division, however, they're all on the lower end of the pay scale compared to the Yankee's and the Red Sox. The biggest competitors for MN are usually Detroit and Chicago.

In a nutshell, Minnesota has been on fire this past month, making up a large deficit the Detroit Tigers held over their head. I think I'm elated because about a month ago, everyone in my office had lost hope this day would come...except for me. I never gave up on the Twinkies....I always knew they could make it this far...and I have faith that they'll prevail and allow the Dome to have one more playoff run, and perhaps even a World Series to boot.

GO MINNESOTA!

No comments:

Post a Comment