Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jumping in Head First

I did it. I am one paper away from being 100% enrolled in college, with classes beginning September 7th. Damn, that feels great to write down!!!

How do I currently feel?

Well, a bit appalled at how long it has taken to wrap up my debunked financial past to become eligible for financial aid again (and to have my old transcripts released). Sure, in the grand scheme of life, six months isn't a long time...but SIX MONTHS of constant phone calls, letters, meetings, emails...it takes a toll on a person's psyche. At one point, I had almost thrown in the towel and given up, but I didn't. I stuck with it, forged ahead, and here I sit, my first semester's classes nailed down...waiting on one final letter to submit to my new college.

As much as a whine that I live a solo life, I had a lot of support throughout this process, specifically from my dad (which surprised me more than you could ever possibly imagine). Other friends family members have been encouraging as well, and I wanted to throw them an Internet shout-out to say how much it means to me, and how truly grateful I am for all of their kind words of encouragement and support.

I will also apologize in advance for any school related rants that I am OH SO STRESSED OUT that are sure to come in the near future.

kthanksbye.

1 comment: