Some days are great, others are not...but no matter what twists and turns I encounter, you can be sure I'm going to write about it!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Bells Are Ringing.

I love Christmas. I really really do.

Being the single mom that I am, and having a child who is just under the age of caring what I buy at the store...90% of my Christmas shopping was completed with little man in tote. I doubt he'll really realize, but to be safe I managed to take a solo trip to Target last night and buy some Lightning McQueen wrapping paper, cool bows, some candy canes and a special ornament for myself and little man...to make the morning a little more special. I truly hope he is surprised, and cannot wait to see the look on his face on Christmas morning.

In the next five days, I will be hosting two family Christmas parties, making a boat-load of chicken wings, and putting on my first Christmas Eve dinner. There's so much to be done, but this time of year I hardly mind.

I don't know what it is, but Christmas is magical to me. A time to get together, laugh, eat and be merry. A time where, with a little bit of work and an insane amount of creativity, I can make little man's tangible dreams come true.

I'm TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment